Friday, February 4, 2011

Find Jobs on Twitter

The other day, I read an article about finding writing jobs via Twitter. The article stated that there were job opportunities for writers on the twitter network; jobs posted by other twitter subscribers. Personally, I do not have a twitter account nor am I too familiar with it so I cannot say whether the claims were true or not. Truthfully, I have been known to call it tweeter not twitter until I was politely corrected by my two teenaged sons.

I did some research and discovered how to look for jobs on twitter so I guess it is a start if you have been trying to access job postings on twitter. To view job postings, go to twitter.com, in the search box enter one of the following :

@Microjobs
#tweetmyjobs
#job
#jobs
#hotjobs

A list of job tweets will appear. You can also use a variety of key words to search such as freelance writing jobs, writing jobs, etc. This will produce a whole slew of results which will direct you to other twitter postings.

While I was researching job hunting on twitter, I came across a few articles that I found somewhat informative:

The Beginner's Guide to a Job with Twitter
http://jobmob.co.il/blog/beginners-guide-find-a-job-with-twitter/

12 Tips to Finding a Job On Twitter
http://www.penn-olson.com/2009/09/14/12-tips-to-finding-a-job-on-twitter/#

If you have a twitter account, and have mastered finding writing jobs, please drop me a line and let the rest of us in the secret to searching for writing jobs (or any kind of jobs) on twitter.

Until next time....keep writing

No comments:

Post a Comment